Saturday, November 14, 2009

update...

Its been so long since i logged in here, I almost forgot my password. I really don't know where the last couple of months have gone. Sometimes I wonder the clock really did grow wings and fly. I feel like it should still be the beginning of october...which is as far back as i can remember right now anyway.
My Mom arrived Oct 2nd to beautiful fall weather and a culture shock of 'American busyness' The first week she was here was a juggle between kids, Universtiy, Convention and trying to impress my mom with tasty American food--which didn't work--because every night we came home she has some awesome Aussie dish bubbling away in the oven! In fact..I don't think i even turned the dial on my washing machine the whole time she was here either. Such a treat...I miss her so much. Convention was wonderful. Jerry and I made it to most of #1 and I made it to the Sun of #2 (My Mom was sick with a bad cold and pink eye.) That Fri Liz (a school friend from Australia that I hadn't seen since 8th grade) came to visit. the next day it snowed..Liz was more excited than i have ever seen anyone in a long time. It was her first time seeing snow.
The next week I got sick with a bad cold and the stomach flu. Jerrys mom came down to visit. She was going to take my mum up to Deluth but becuase i was sick and Jerry was Driving back from Rhode Island with his Dad, they didn't go. So they stayed here and skipped around Alexandira visiting all the touristy places and booked my Mom tickets to Florida (Disney World etc). Florida was where my Mom finally warmed up...she had 80-90degree temps while we were wearing hats and mittens.
The next weekend (Halloween) we all went down to the cities to pick up shane and Joni from the airport. Shane rode back with Jerry to work on our garage (we have a garage almost built now! Yaay!) and My mom and I stayed with Joni and went to the Mall of America, the zoo and the childrens Museum. I took my mom to the airport that friday morning :(. It was sad to see her go. She says she had a good time. The kids got to know here really well. Espeically Bowden. He can picture who 'Gran' is for real now. Joni the kids and I made it back home Friday night to more snow. The guys had to give up working on the garage becuase of the storm. Sooo ....its Halloween night and Joni and I are the 'Men in the yellow hat and the Bowden and Benjamin are both Courious George the monkey. Its beyond words how cute they were. Joni found the cutest monkey costumes that were so warm and cozy--perfect for a white halloween. so we all went trick or treating and stock piled up on candy for the year and got all sugared up on corn syrup. Ha...i hadn't even had supper..so i was really hyped! woooooh.
oh my battery is going to die on me so i will finish this later
cherio.

No comments:

Post a Comment